Thursday, June 11, 2009

Week 13 Update

Hello everyone. Later this week, be sure to check out the 3-part trainer spotlight interview videos I did with Ben Altgilbers. If you have read any of his trainer updates here, you know he is a really smart and passionate fitness guru. I am always amazed at how well he can explain complicated body and fitness processes into understandable terms.

I lost another 6 pounds over the last week, bringing my total weight loss to 60 pounds. 33 to go to be under 300!

Got to give a shout out to a fellow Cyclone who has lost 30 lbs and has been supporting me and following my blog. Congratulations and keep up the good work! Also, I want to congratulate Sharon and Bernie on their accomplishments on their 2 month assessment accomplishments at FT. Way to go!

So, I have started a twitter account. Mainly, so I can keep abreast of the daily ongoings of ISU sports. Congrats ISU WBB and VB, Final Four is next! Speaking of sports, I am sure many guys out there know what I mean when I say football can’t start soon enough. But following some of the coaches twitters got me to thinking, some people might be curious to see what a day in my fitness transformation entails, so I am going to try and post meals for the day, workout thoughts, and related activities. So, if you are interested, check out my twitter - healthtransform.

Recipe of the Week
The sweetness of the peppers and onions plays well off the spicy seasonings.

Tri Color Pepper Pasta with Grilled Chicken Breast with a KICK
Makes two servings


Chicken 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
Marinade
1 fresh squeezed large lime or 2 small ones
2 crushed garlic cloves (minced if you crusher)
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp hot sauce(the hotter the better!)
1 tbsp water

Dry Seasonings
Mrs Dash Fiesta Lime
Cavenders No Sodium seasoning mixture

1st – Marinate chicken breasts in liquid mixture. I use a gallon size freezer bag. Thoroughly coat chicken, add a little more water or lime juice if needed. Before grilling, remove breasts from bag and allow liquid to excess liquid to drip off. Coat all sides of chicken with seasonings listed.

2nd – Grill Chicken. I usually start this right about when I put the water on to boil for the pasta. Let chicken rest 3 to 5 minutes before slicing.

Pasta
1 red bell pepper
½ of 1 green bell pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 red onion
1 yellow onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
2 to 3 cups unsalted chicken stock
1 Tbsp Mrs Dash fiesta lime seasoning
1 Tbsp Cayenne pepper
2 servings of whole wheat spaghetti pasta

1st – Boil water and prepare pasta according to al dente stage. Pasta is going to continue cooking in pepper mixture, so do not overcook.

2nd – Cut up peppers and onions into strips. Saute veggies in olive oil with sea salt. If any browning occurs on bottom of pan, add a little chicken stock to lift caramelization. Veggies should be cooked until onions are translucent but not soggy. Add remaining chicken stock. Let simmer a bit, until about a cup of the liquid remains in pan and fold in pasta. Turn off heat.

3rd – Place half of pasta on to a plate. Slice chicken and place over pasta.

4th – Eat and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Platinum Design and Development